Saturday, August 28, 2010

Test Kitchen

Every Saturday I'll try out a new recipe I just found on the net...you'll see the good and the bad of it.

Dijon Garlic Salmon
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Dijon-Garlic-Salmon/Detail.aspx

Description: I’ve been on a bit of a salmon kick lately. Last week’s recipe was a hit. This week…yeah, not so much. I wanted to find something completely different. I succeeded in that area. This one lives up to its name…heavy on the mustard and garlic.

Recipe Difficulty (Scale of 1-10): 2
It’s just a matter of dicing a few things, mixing together, and slathering on the fish. That’s the great thing about fish in general…it’s quick and easy. It took me about five minutes to prep and 30 minutes in the oven. Given the ease…I really wanted this recipe to be good.

How it turned out: BAD!
First thought…would you like some fish with that mustard? Too much mustard...too much garlic… and too much red onion! It looked pretty, was extremely healthy, but definitely missed the mark.

Would I make again: No.
I followed the recipe precisely, so I’m not taking the blame. On a positive note, the salmon was very moist. I ended up scraping the mustard spackle off the top and was quite pleased. I mixed the topping with potatoes and that worked. Saved!

No comments: