Fridays are for the beginner cooks.
Grilled Corn...Sort Of
This week's Back to Basics is all about sprucing up a very common food item, but still keeping it EASY. Who doesn't love fresh corn on the cob? Probably people with dentures. But for the rest of us, we can't get enough of it. Take a look at how I prepare it:
1. Take 4-5 ears of corn and shuck.
2. In bowl, combine 3 TBSP butter, 3 TBSP fresh cilantro, one squeezed lime, 1 tsp and salt/pepper.
3. Boil corn for 10 minutes. Take out and coat with mixture.
4. Throw on grill for about 5 minutes.
5. Coat with mixture again.
6. Serve. (top with Parmesan if you'd like)
Boiling the corn first makes the entire process a lot easier. The grill adds a nice flavor and char. The green cilantro is a perfect compliment and adds to a great presentation (especially if you have a big date!).