Saturday, August 7, 2010

Test Kitchen


Every Saturday I'll try out a new recipe I just found on the net...you'll see the good and the bad of it.


BBQ Marinated Flank Steak
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Barbequed-Marinated-Flank-Steak/Detail.aspx

Description: This week’s Test Kitchen falls in line with many of the Asian recipes from this month. I am not a big steak eater. But at home, when I do make steak, my family can generally count on seeing flank steak. I love the cut of meat. It’s easy to prepare, is very tasty, and is far less expensive than other cuts of meat.

Recipe Difficulty (Scale of 1-10): 2
You can’t get much easier than this one. Mix all the ingredients together and pour over meat in a Zip Lock. Let sit for a good 4 hours or overnight. I used fresh ginger instead of ground ginger. To me, it doesn’t get any better than fresh ginger. Anytime I have an excuse to use it, I do. Just remember to mince.

How it turned out: DOUBLE AWESOME!!!
This is my new go-to flank steak recipe. Just a perfect marinade. Everyone loved it. Just remember to crank the grill up to high…get it to about 500 degrees. When you’re ready for the meat, set the burners on low. If you don’t, the meat will burn to shreds. Grill each side for 7 minutes. Remove and let rest for 15 minutes.

Would I make again: Yes...absolutely yes.
I can’t wait to make this again. What’s wonderful about this recipe is that you can serve the meat with other Asian sides (like pictured above), or it would be great with mashed potatoes and a veggie. It also makes for a great presentation…especially if you’re trying to impress someone (but on a budget).

No comments: