Friday, August 13, 2010

Reader Questionnaire


Wanna send one in? Email me at: wcshalin@hotmail.com




Name:
Jessica
Location: Conroe, Texas

Do you cook? Yes, almost everyday. The one and only reason I won't cook a big meal is because of a bare pantry. I love cooking big and saving the leftovers!

What is your favorite meal to cook? A big pot of seafood gumbo. I married a Cajun and have been making it for YEARS because I love eating it- with fluffy rice! Making the roux is an hour long back breaking process, with frequent stirring in a black cast-iron kettle pot. On a mission to Kroger to find a shorter roux route, the one and only possibility was Tony Chachere's instant roux. I thought it worth a try. All I did was follow the simple instructions and found the roux tasty, delicious and effortless. I could then save my energy for the fun of chopping my mirepoix and seafood. The convenience is worth every bowl!

What food do you absolutely hate? Maraschino Cherries.

What is your favorite dessert? NY style cheesecake with fresh strawberry sauce.

What food have you never eaten, but wish you could try? Duck pate

What is your favorite restaurant and what do you order? Goode Seafood Co., both locations equally for its own unique atmosphere and the delicious food. I usually start with an appetizer of the seafood gumbo or seafood ceviche. Then order the redfish smothered with crawfish ettoufee. I will clean my plate as best as I can and will have no room left for dessert.

You’re on death row, what’s your last meal? A big bowl of spaghetti alla Bolognese, with a sprinkle of fresh Parmesan cheese, a piece of garlic french bread and a cold Dr. Pepper. If you get dessert on death row, I will have the cheesecake.

No comments: