Saturday, July 3, 2010

Test Kitchen


Every Saturday I'll try out a new, found recipe...you'll see the good and the bad of it.

Deviled Eggs with Apple Compote
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robert-irvine/deviled-eggs-with-apple-compote-recipe/index.html

Description: Deviled egg recipes are a dime a dozen. I took a chance on this one because it seemed to be a little bit different. The egg mixture filling was pretty standard, but the apple compote added a nice texture and a little sweetness.

Recipe Difficulty (Scale of 1-10): 7
Don't let deviled eggs fool you. I know when you look down at a cookout and see them, you figure it was pretty simple to put together. They're not. The eggs have to be boiled just right, and if you care about presentation...you better not destroy the rest of the egg when removing the cooked yolk. Quite frankly, it's a lot of effort for a finger food.

How it turned out: Good
I really liked them...I've had better, but I've never had apple compote in my deviled eggs.

Would I make again: Probably so
I don't make deviled eggs very often. One, my wife is allergic to eggs...and it's not like you can down 12 of these babies. Two, like I said before, it's just a lot of effort for a few tasty bites.

No comments: