Friday, July 9, 2010
Back to Basics
Fridays are dedicated to the beginner cook.
This simple and different method to preparing broccoli was relayed to me by my friend Mickey. We make it about once a week in our household. Why? It tastes awesome and…it’s easy! See those blackened areas? That’s charred goodness! Anytime you’re making a big meal, it’s great to have an easy side dish recipe like this one. It keeps you from going insane.
1. Fill an entire baking sheet with broccoli florets.
2. Pour olive oil all over the broccoli.
3. Salt, pepper, and add minced garlic. Add some cayenne pepper for spice.
4. Give a good shake to make sure all parts are covered.
5. Throw sheet into a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes.
6. For the final minute of baking…switch to broil. This gives it a nice char.