Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Reader Questionnaire


Some more reader questionnaires to check out...



Name:
Lyndi (aka www.nwafoodie.com)
Current City: Beautiful Northwest Arkansas, land of the Ozark Mountains

Do you cook? Yes! I really only started really learning cooking techniques a few years ago when I discovered Cooking Illustrated. And then I discovered www.cooksillustrated.com. I love all the helpful tips and knowing they tested every ingredient to get just the right one.

What is your favorite meal to cook? It would have to be chicken marsala and risotto. Scratch that... It would have to be breakfast. I could live on breakfast!

What food do you absolutely hate? Hate? Food? Bite your tongue. Although... I do have a strange aversion to the smell of butter. Ever since I was a kid. Weird, right?

What is your favorite dessert? Good questions you’re asking, Kevin! Shockingly, I don’t have a favorite dessert! I’m not really a dessert person. Or chocolate person. Since I live wheat-free and dairy-free I am really limited on dessert choices. Okay, since you asked I will tell you a dessert that I remember loving: a super-sticky ooey-gooey cinnamon roll. Yum.

What food have you never eaten, but wish you could try? Black truffles. Technically not a food, I know. But I would love to try a fresh truffle shaved over something perfect. Like risotto.

What is your favorite restaurant and what do you order? Kelly Liken in Vail Village, Colorado. Have you ever eaten there? She cooks clean, simply prepared and yet decadent dishes. Most of her food comes right from Colorado. Besides the food the people who work for her make you feel like family. She had a side dish of fresh picked peas, pea tendrils, and fava beans that I am still tongue-tied over. Wow. I had her Colorado rack of lamb. Ahhh... Yes, this is the same Kelly Liken who is doing so well this season on Top Chef Washington D.C. I hope she wins. I also love The Angus Barn in Raleigh, N.C. Brings back great memories of growing up there.

You’re on death row, what’s your last meal? Appetizers: Brie with just the right creaminess. There would have to be several kinds available because we all know that brie can be picky. It would be shame to have a so-so slice. Meal: About 8 racks of lamb. Kelly’s fava bean side dish. Macaroni and cheese. Wine. Wine. Wine. Dessert: I think I would pass. Bring back some more brie and wine.


Name: Keith
Current City: Houston, Texas

Do you cook? A little bit...here and there....but I enjoy it when I do.

What is your favorite meal to cook? Spicy sausage lentil soup

What food do you absolutely hate? Liver, durian, cooked spinach

What is your favorite dessert? Apple pie a la mode

What food have you never eaten, but wish you could try? Swordfish

What is your favorite restaurant and what do you order? Indian Pass Raw Bar in Port St. Joe, Florida. The baked oysters are the best I've ever had and are also my favorite meal.

You’re on death row, what’s your last meal? Hamburger and French fries

No comments: