Friday, July 23, 2010

Back to Basics

Fridays are dedicated to the beginner cook.

Black and White Pudding Cake
This is a perfect dessert recipe. It is so good…and EASY!

1. Blend these ingredients:1 cup flour, 2/3 cup sugar, 4 TBSP cocoa, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp instant coffee, 1/4 tsp salt
2. Beat the following ingredients with the ones listed above: ½ cup milk, ¼ cup oil, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 oz. white chocolate
3. Spoon batter into greased pan.
4. Stir together, then spread on top of batter: 2/3 cup sugar, 2 TBSP cocoa.
5. Pour 1 cup of boiling water over cake (don’t stir).
6. Bake at 350 degrees.
7. Serve with ice cream.

Note: How do I know this recipe is so easy? It’s written in our recipe book (courtesy of my wife) in what looks to be fifth grade handwriting. It's an oldie but goodie.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I think Sara and I DID make this in 5th grade! It's easy, but yummy!

Kevin said...

If I could get my photoshop back running...I'd put a pic of this dessert up. Hopefully tomorrow!