Saturday, May 22, 2010

Test Kitchen


Every Saturday I'll try out a new recipe...you'll see the good and the bad of it.

Swiss Sherry Chicken
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Swiss-Sherry-Chicken/Detail.aspx

Description: Nailed it on this one! I was looking for a very basic chicken recipe that yielded plenty of leftovers.

Recipe Difficulty (Scale of 1-10): 2
A recipe that tastes this good usually is not so very easy to make. I can't think of one difficult thing about it. I ditched the dill weed, because I'm just not a big fan. For the croutons, I used some Nonni's Panetini Garlic Parmesan (from Costco). They come in big pieces, but I just smashed them up into small chunks. You'll find that prepping the chicken is about the most difficult task (which is easy).

How it turned out: Great
No one in the family had any complaints about Swiss Sherry Chicken. The chicken turned out very moist, the sauce was just right, and it went very well with some squash and mashed potatoes. The buttery crouton topping provided a nice crunch with the sauce. My favorite part of the dish was the sherry. All the ingredients worked well together. I would even recommend bumping up the sauce mixture. It was great over the potatoes.

Would I make again: Yes
This one is going in the rotation. The best part...it kept very well. Got two+ meals out of it. This recipe is cool because it can be made for a normal, casual "during the week" meal or for even a dinner party. Those are my favorites! The sauteed squash and mushrooms brought some veggies into the mix, and you can never go wrong with mashed potatoes on the side of chicken. This recipe was easy, tasted great, and was well received. Success!

No comments: