Saturday, May 8, 2010

Test Kitchen


Every Saturday I'll try out a new recipe...you'll see the good and the bad of it.

Meredith's Molten Blondies
http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Crock-Pot-Merediths-Molten-Blondies-139183

Sounds good doesn't it? This is a dessert crock pot recipe...supposed to be mistake proof.

Description: Imagine blondies slowly simmering in a pot of molten goo. Now erase that from your memory because yours truly made it. As you can see, the end product is visually scarring.

Recipe Difficulty (Scale of 1-10): 2
I still f-ed this one up. Why you ask? Because when I decide to bake (this technically was baking) my borderline IQ drops another 40 points. That makes me barely functional in society. Don't do what I did...which was to assume you just dump all the ingredients into the pot. It helps to actually read the entire recipe rundown.

How it turned out: Utter Disaster
These were suppose to be blondies. Turned out to be a sauce...and not a good one at that. I took several pictures of the finished product. This is the best one. I know...sad. You'd think Bluebell Homemade Vanilla could make anything taste great...think again. From start to finish, this was a disaster. Ingredients weren't properly mixed at the beginning and I left the mixture in the crock pot a few hours too long (we went out to dinner, and got home late).

Would I make again: Yes
This one has some potential...just don't let me handle it. I am an above average cook...and an awful baker. I apologize to Meredith and the advances she has made in the world of blondies.

2 comments:

Bryan Applegate said...

Kevin,

The blog is great, I have enjoyed reading it so far. Too bad this one didn't turn out so good...I usually end up with a similar result when I try to bake! I thought you might enjoy this website with lots of other good crock pot recipes:

http://www.50plusfriends.com/cookbook/crockpot/index-5b.html

Enjoy!

- Bryan

Kevin Shalin said...

Thanks. This is an awesome link you sent me. Will definitely try some of these out and let you know how it goes. I've been looking for a good crock pot link. Let me know if there are any recipes on this you would recommend.