Saturday, May 8, 2010

Test Kitchen


Every Saturday I'll try out a new recipe...you'll see the good and the bad of it.

Meredith's Molten Blondies
http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Crock-Pot-Merediths-Molten-Blondies-139183

Sounds good doesn't it? This is a dessert crock pot recipe...supposed to be mistake proof.

Description: Imagine blondies slowly simmering in a pot of molten goo. Now erase that from your memory because yours truly made it. As you can see, the end product is visually scarring.

Recipe Difficulty (Scale of 1-10): 2
I still f-ed this one up. Why you ask? Because when I decide to bake (this technically was baking) my borderline IQ drops another 40 points. That makes me barely functional in society. Don't do what I did...which was to assume you just dump all the ingredients into the pot. It helps to actually read the entire recipe rundown.

How it turned out: Utter Disaster
These were suppose to be blondies. Turned out to be a sauce...and not a good one at that. I took several pictures of the finished product. This is the best one. I know...sad. You'd think Bluebell Homemade Vanilla could make anything taste great...think again. From start to finish, this was a disaster. Ingredients weren't properly mixed at the beginning and I left the mixture in the crock pot a few hours too long (we went out to dinner, and got home late).

Would I make again: Yes
This one has some potential...just don't let me handle it. I am an above average cook...and an awful baker. I apologize to Meredith and the advances she has made in the world of blondies.

2 comments:

Bryan Applegate said...

Kevin,

The blog is great, I have enjoyed reading it so far. Too bad this one didn't turn out so good...I usually end up with a similar result when I try to bake! I thought you might enjoy this website with lots of other good crock pot recipes:

http://www.50plusfriends.com/cookbook/crockpot/index-5b.html

Enjoy!

- Bryan

Kevin said...

Thanks. This is an awesome link you sent me. Will definitely try some of these out and let you know how it goes. I've been looking for a good crock pot link. Let me know if there are any recipes on this you would recommend.