Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Hour


I'm no wine snob, and I certainly can't talk the lingo. I like all wines, but definitely prefer reds. Figured I'd start with my favorite wine...Dry Comal Creek's Comal Red (actually enjoying a glass as I write this). It goes with just about anything. The flavors change depending on whether you serve it at room temp or just slightly chilled. I've yet to meet a person who doesn't like it. Through the years I've tasted just about every Texas wine... to me, this is the best. Comal Creek also makes a great White/Black Spanish. We've been to the winery, which is located just outside of New Braunfels, many times... and always leave with a case. It's one of my favorite, most relaxing places around. Comal Red is about $18 a bottle... very reasonable given the quality. It's found in H-E-B, Central Market, and some liquor stores around Texas.

http://www.drycomalcreek.com/

No comments: