Friday, September 3, 2010

Back to Basics

Fridays are dedicated to the beginner cooks.

Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potato fries are gaining in popularity. I usually just buy a monster frozen bag at Costco to be done with it. Sometimes, however, I make the real thing. Why? Because it’s still easy!

Peel and slice four sweet potatoes into preferred fry size. Throw them into a big bowl and toss with some kosher salt, a little pepper, a little brown sugar, and some canola oil. Line a baking sheet with foil and toss the potatoes on it. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and bake for 45 minutes. If you want them crispy…take out, flip fries and bake for another 20 minutes. As you can see, these aren’t crispy. It really just depends on what mood you’re in.

***PLEASE NOTE*** I don’t usually eat fries alongside four perfect drops of ketchup. I promise this was strictly done for blog aesthetics. If you ever see me eating fries like this, you have my permission to punch me in the face.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Wow, these look so good!

Kevin said...

I need to go to Costco and get a big bag. These were easy but that's easier.