Friday, October 29, 2010

Finding Balance: Week 3

Life's all about finding that perfect mix of fun and hard work.

Trying To Find a Routine


Keeping a food journal has definitely helped me see where I am making mistakes. It’s helping me realize that a routine is extremely important to getting where I want to go.

Setting the tone for the day with a good breakfast in the morning has been a big key for me. When I take a banana and some pop tarts for breakfast, I tend to eat a healthy lunch and dinner. When I forget to take breakfast, I tend to slip up a bit more and not stay as strict with what I’m eating.

I am an organized person by nature, so keeping lists and maintaining a routine should be easy for me. But for some reason, I get easily distracted and bored with the status quo. There’s my challenge – stay the course. Easier said than done, I know…

I also need to drink more water. I used to have no problem drinking a half gallon a day, but lately I’ve only been drinking 32 oz. a day or so. This needs to be remedied.

As far as exercise goes, I’ve mainly been walking for a half hour or so. But that is starting to wear on me, as far as getting bored. Any suggestions for something new (and take into account, I am a large man – that means no running for now)?

Until next time…

No comments: