Fridays are for the beginner cook!
Roasting garlic is simple and quite versatile. It can be spread on toasted bread, put in mashed potatoes, added to various dips...you name it. Follow these simple steps:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Take a desired number of garlic heads. Place stem side down and cut about 1/4 inch off the top. This should expose all of the garlic inside.
3. Place garlic on a sheet of aluminum foil.
4. Douse with some olive oil and a little salt and pepper.
5. Loosely wrap the garlic with the foil.
6. Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool and squeeze out the garlic from the casing.