Saturday, June 19, 2010

Test Kitchen


Every Saturday I'll try out a new recipe...you'll see the good and the bad of it. We cooked dinner for some friends last week who had just caught some fresh redfish. I found this recipe and decided to give it a try.

Redfish Court-bouillon
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Redfish-Court-bouillon/Detail.aspx

Description: This is a classic roux-based, Cajun dish without all the spice (which can scare off the kids). Make some white rice and top with the fish and sauce. The sauce is thick and hearty and really makes for a complete dish.

Recipe Difficulty (Scale of 1-10): 1
This recipe is sooo easy. It makes for a wonderful presentation and given the taste complexity, it's just hard to imagine how it can be so simple to make. After everything is chopped up, just place is casserole dish and let bake. Doesn't get much easier than that.

How it turned out: Awesome
I guess I'll drive this point home a little more. Absolutely no complaints from anyone. The sauce was wonderful and almost any fish can be substituted (flounder, tilapia, etc.) If you desire it to be a little spicy, add some Tabasco Sauce and that should do the trick.

Would I make again: Definitely
This will make it's way into the rotation. I could see myself making this dish once a month for the fam. The kids loved it, and bonus...it was very healthy. It's rare when I can't find one fault with a recipe.

No comments: