Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Reader's Suggestion


When I get a suggestion from a reader, it's a good bet I'm going to try it out. A few weeks back I put up a ravioli recipe. Frank suggested I make a sage brown butter sauce with it. Here's what I did for the raviolis (changed things around a bit):

1. Sauteed one bag of chopped baby portobello mushrooms in a couple tbsp. of olive oil. Added some dried oregano and basil to mushrooms.

2. Let mushrooms cool and mixed with one container of ricotta cheese. Added a little salt and put in the fridge.


3. Scooped some of the mixture and filled wonton wrappers.


4. Boiled for 2-3 minutes. Topped with sage brown butter.

5. And here's the butter:

http://www.chow.com/recipes/10966-sage-brown-butter-sauce

This makes for an unbelievable appetizer...just a little too heavy to serve as an entree. The brown butter sauce is spectacular! One of the best new things I've prepared in a long time. Thanks Frank!

No comments: