Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Unique Randomness

My random thoughts...brought to you once a week!
  • The time change always f’s me up, but not in the way you might think. I can deal with the short days and temporary messed up sleeping. What I can’t stand is driving to work with that d@mn sun in my eyes. I’m practically blind. I know, poor me.
  • Don’t you just love the battle of the insurance commercials? I do. Progressive has Flo. Farmer’s has the dude from Juno. And State Farm has that guy I just want to punch through the screen. I know Flo is very annoying. Love the Juno guy in everything, and these commercials are no different. But for the life of me, I just can’t figure out what annoys me so much about the State Farm guy.
  • I watched some the of Breeders’ Cup while treadmilling the other day. Favorite horse name: Unzip Me. I wanted to pick him, but figured he was too much of a long shot. Hey oh!!!
  • Speaking of horse racing…name another sport that is so captivating when it comes on, but you could care less about when it’s not on?
  • Began the purge with a garage sale last weekend. I love to haggle. It’s really not about the money to me, it’s about the game.
  • My stages of every Pink song, ever: Stage 1: Denial-It’s just on the radio for the kids. Stage 2: Acceptance-I kind of like the beat and catchy lyrics. Stage 3: Glee-D@mn I like this song. Stage 4: Shame-What the f was I thinking? And they play it all the time. Stage 5: Intollerance-Turn the song off in the first three seconds. Stage 6: Further Denial-I never listen to that Pink crap.
  • We watched Date Night the other night. It had a few funny moments. Just a few. Overall, it was terrible. Mr. Carell, you are on thin ice.
  • Sports in Houston really suck right now.
  • I got another good report on Heights West. If you live in Houston, you should check this hidden gem out.
  • Another tough one...who is that in the picture?

3 comments:

lalleepop said...

Harry Caray? Who was that last mystery picture, you never posted an answer.

Anonymous said...

Great post! I’m looking to make some changes in my own eating habits, so I appreciate your insight a lot! Thank you. I recently stumbled upon this blog like I did yours and I thought your readers may appreciate it: http://burisonthecouch.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/food-for-thought/

I’ve started to look for their stuff more regularly and I think I’m going to add your blog to my list as well. Thanks for the post!

-Amy

Kevin said...

Close, but wrong. Nice guess. I put last the answer in last week's UR. It was Andrew Jackson.