Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Top 20 Restaurants Cont.

#15 Bluestem Kansas City, MO

Certainly the classiest restaurant on my list. Ate there a few weeks ago on my Kansas City trip. Did my research on this place...found out the chef is one of the best in the Midwest. Specializing in Americana cuisine, Bluestem also offers top-notch service. The plating is absolutely beautiful and the taste is even better. Diners order in courses (recommend the three course meal) from a limited-item menu. When the food comes out you'll feel like an Iron Chef judge. My main course had a foam topping...sweet! Sara had the cauliflower puree as her appetizer and the filet mignon for a main course. My meal was highlighted by scallops. Believe me...each course has got a lot going on. One complaint...thought the desserts were just average. My carrot cake was a little dry, but did come with a side of celery sorbet. Yes, you read right...celery sorbet. Sounds gross? It was awesome. I thought the portions were adequate for such a place, and you'll definitely get full savoring each bite. With tip and wine, be prepared to drop about $200 on Bluestem. This special occasion restaurant is well worth it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love Bluestem!! You are right though...the desserts lack a little but the rest of the meal/atmosphere/service make up for it!

Kevin said...

Next time you guys go back, please post what you had. Would love to hear about it. Thanks for reading!